This combination is a perfect low-calorie breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime. The banana adds sweetness so you do not need extra sugar and the seeds bring a delicious crunch.
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 340g/12oz fat-free natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 15g/½oz mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame and sunflower) (or use toasted flaked almonds)
- Divide the yoghurt between two small bowls.
- Scatter the banana on top.
- Sprinkle with seeds or nuts and serve.
10 Banana Fun Facts
- Bananas float in water because they are less dense in comparison.
- Bananas are one of the most popular fruits in the American diet.
- Bananas grow on plants that are officially considered an herb.
- The banana is actually classified as a berry.
- Bananas may be considered a mood enhancer because it contains the amino acid, tryptophan and Vitamin B6 that helps the body produce serotonin.
- The bananas we eat today, the Cavendish, are different from pre-1960s’ bananas, the Gros Michael, as those have been wiped out by “the panama disease.”
- Bananas can help lower blood pressure and protect heart health due to high potassium and low salt content.
- The inside of a banana peel can help relieve itching and inflammation, such as from bug bit or poison ivy.
- Bananas are great pre-workout snacks because they are loaded with potassium that aids in maintaining nerve and muscle function during work outs.
- Humans share about 50% of our DNA with bananas.