Here is how to make juicy lemon and honey chicken with a golden crust everytime. You will surely love it.
12 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, (plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, extra)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mint leaves, half the leaves finely chopped
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, each sliced into thirds
- 200g podded (from 1 kg unpodded) fresh or frozen broad beans
- 1/2 (200g) garlic ciabatta loaf (see notes), halved lengthways, torn into small pieces
- Large handful of mache (see notes) or baby spinach
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon zest and juice, honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and chopped mint in a large bowl.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add chicken, stir to coat, then place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, blanch broad beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Remove tough outer skins.
- Set aside.
- Place ciabatta on a baking tray and grill for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Preheat a chargrill pan to high.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until caramelised and cooked through.
- Toss broad beans, ciabatta, mache, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and whole mint leaves in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Divide the salad among plates, pour over dressing and top with chicken to serve.