This pumpkin soup is great for a healthy meal, hearty eating. It does not matter which variety of pumpkin you use they will all taste good. A hearty meal that you can re-heat quickly when you have unexpected guests.
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 5 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 3/4 cup diced potatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- In a large saucepan cook onion in butter.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes, water, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until pumpkin and potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, blend until smooth and serve.