Yields One loaf
If you would like to learn how to make bread, here is a wonderful place to start. This very easy whole meal bread recipe comes out delicious and golden brown.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 500g Kialla Plain Wholemeal and Stoneground Organic Flour
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Tip the flour (You can get it in store at Go Vita Tenterfield), yeast and salt into a large bowl and mix together with your hands.
- Stir 300ml hand-hot water with the oil and honey, then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins, until the dough no longer feels sticky, sprinkling with a little more flour if you need it.
- Oil the loaf tin and put the dough in the tin, pressing it in evenly.
- Put in a large plastic food bag and leave to rise for 1 hr, until the dough has risen to fill the tin and it no longer springs back when you press it with your finger.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Make several slashes across the top of the loaf with a sharp knife, then bake for 30-35 mins until the loaf is risen and golden.
- Tip it out onto a cooling rack and tap the base of the bread to check it is cooked.
- It should sound hollow. Leave to cool.